2.26.2012

Thesis Granny Square blanket

When I was working on writing my Master's thesis and getting ready for my defense last semester I started making granny squares from stash yarn to keep myself sane. I must have been very very very stressed, because within two months I had 80 squares, more than enough for a throw for the living room. This was mostly a stash-busting project; the only yarn I had to buy was some more of the dark brown yarn because I didn't have enough initially to finish the last round of each square. I used the joining-as-you-go method for connecting the squares that I learned over at Attic24. That method is way easier than stitching all the squares together at the end!


It's a wonderfully cozy throw for the living room couch. The boyfriend likes to wrap up in it early in the morning when he's out of bed but not quite ready to face the day yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment