Banana Bread Recipe
3 to 5 very ripe bananas
1/2 butter or margarine or shortening, whatever you prefer
1/2 cup to 3/4 cup brown sugar (depending on how many bananas you have)
2 cups bread flour
1/2 cup flax meal or oatmeal or walnuts if desired
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease 9x5 loaf pan or spray with cooking spray.
3. Combine the first four ingredients and mix well. I use an egg-beater for this step but vigorous stirring will also work. It's probably not worth getting out the mixer unless you really like cleaning your mixer.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until mixed well, but don't over-stir.
5. Bake approximately 55 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 or 10 minutes before removing and slicing.